Credit Union Fintech: LevelUp
LevelUp, now a part of the Grubhub family, calls themselves “the growth engine for restaurants”.
LevelUp, created by Boston-based start-up SCVNGR in March 2011, is a tool used by restaurant businesses to engage existing customers with industry-leading digital-ordering, payment, and loyalty experiences.
LevelUp boasts the following features:
- Mobile Payment
- Native Order Ahead
- Loyalty & Gifting program that motivates customers with easily redeemable rewards
- Beacon Messaging – notify nearby customers with custom messages
- Location Finder
- Customer Feedback
- POS integration with all major POS systems
- Online Ordering
Top 3 Problems solved:
- Allows mobile payment for restaurants
- Allows customers to order ahead
- Provides a loyalty and gifting program that encourages customers to return and stay engaged
LevelUp Founder: Seth Priebatsch
Before starting LevelUp, Seth Priebatsch was the Chief Ninja (Founder and CEO) of SCVNGR, a location based gaming company. Seth went on to find LevelUp in March of 2011, with the goal of increasing engagement and loyalty for local businesses, in addition to providing customers a method for making mobile payments. Seth was the keynote speaker at South by Southwest in 2011.
LevelUp go to Market Strategy:
LevelUp partners directly with large chains and local restaurants, offering a service that customers can engage with by simply downloading the LevelUp application.
CU2.0 Sponsor = No