By Amy McCaughey
Have you ever sat down at your desk and thought about your marketing strategies? Is your credit union still relying that someone will drive past, see your sign, and just decide they want to come in and bank with you?
You know your marketing strategy can use a revamp, but where do you start? It can be daunting, but don’t feel overwhelmed – that feeling ends now.
The first question to ask yourself is: Is my credit union creating EXCELLENT hyper relevant content that our members care about?
Routinely publishing content relevant to your members achieves two key things:
- Increases your credibility within your community – you become an expert
- Drives traffic to your site and your organization
So you’re sold on creating content, now how do you decide what to publish? What are your members thinking about and what questions do they have?
Here’s what you do:
- Ask your branch employees what questions they get most often – these employees are on the front lines and see A LOT
- Go to answerthepublic.com
- Enter a term that defines the market you’re in (ex. Home loan, credit union) and see what people are searching for online in that market
- Create valuable content that answers those questions
Can it be that simple? Yes!
However, don’t forget the 80/20 rule when it comes to creating and publishing this content.
- 20% of your time should be spent on producing the great content
- 80% of your time should be spent on promoting that content through your various social channels (getting your content featured and shared)
Creating hyper relevant content that your members and potential members are searching for online to solve their problems will give you credibility as an expert. Then, you have earned the right to talk about your solution to that problem. You build awareness for your credit union, credibility within your market, and add value.
Adding value to your members is the BEST way to market your business in today’s world.